4artists

4artists

Friday, May 11, 2012

Featured Singer: Mary Langston

Mary has been active with Opera Manhattan for two seasons now, and also joined us when we went to the Hamptons last August to entertain grief-stricken kids at Camp Good Grief.  She shares this with us:
My experience with Opera Manhattan has been really wonderful. This season, in particular, has been a huge growth period for me. Last December I was cast as the Dew Fairy/Sandman in Hansel and Gretel, and found rehearsal and the production to be time very well spent. I wasn’t called any more than necessary and had a blast performing. It was a great “interactive” opera experience. Currently rehearsing as Monica in The Medium, I am finding this experience to be as enriching as the last. This is my first lead role, and I am ecstatic. Rehearsals are not every evening, which for me is fantastic as I am a server at a high-volume restaurant, and they are at decent times on weekends. All in all, things are well organized and very pleasant. I look forward to the future with Opera Manhattan.

See Mary and her wonderful colleagues in Opera Manhattan's Opera Festival, May 17-21.  

Get your tickets here!

No comments:

Post a Comment