4artists

4artists

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Featured Singer: Elana Gleason


Today's featured singer is the lovely Elana Gleason!
"I have had the honor of being cast in both Suor Angelica and The Medium this spring. Tackling the vastly different roles of Suor Genovieffa and Monica have been a great challenge for me in both my singing and my acting. What makes it not only possible but both fun and rewarding is the constant encouragement I receive from the Opera Manhattan faculty. What also impresses me about Opera Manhattan is how efficient they are. Not only are rehearsals challenging, fun, and thought-provoking, but they are run so the singers time is well utilized. As a busy singer in New York who both works and performs full-time, the value of an efficiently-run rehearsal is immense. I have never sat through a rehearsal with this company and felt as though I was wasting my time, and there is a lot to be said for that."
See Elana and her wonderful colleagues in Opera Manhattan's Opera Festival, May 17-21.  

Get your tickets here!

1 comment: